Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Long time, no post

I've realized that I have not posted in a while...and that my posts from this summer aren't exactly long or informative. I've been doing really well here. I love being out of the rush of the city for a few months. I've met lots of new friends here, some of which will stay with me in years to come. Everyone here is so talented and easy to work with.

Another great thing about this summer is I'm finally motivated again. I've spent the last 6 months in NYC not really looking hard for jobs in theatre; just being "content" (I use the term loosely) with living life and working at AE. I've realized what a rut I was stuck in, and this place and the people here have motivated me to get out there and really start looking hard for a good job. I have a good contact in NYC now... and hopefully a job will come out of that.

Andy came up last "weekend" (for me, weekends are Sunday afternoon through Monday). That was really nice. We had an amazing time; we went to 2 shows, went to the lake and just hung out. It's times like these when I realize how much I love him and how much I miss him when he's away. He commented (and I agreed) that I looked happy. And I am. I figured out during a walk home in the rain that if I'm happy with my surroundings, then I'm happy with myself. I like being up here. The work environment is great; sometimes when people say that it's a learning environment, they don't really mean it. Not so here. I can ask as many questions as I need to and no one gets upset or anything. Everyone, from the shop supervisor to the interns, is willing to share what they know and help anyone who needs it. It's so refreshing.

So life is good right now. The summer has given me a chance to relax and get energized for the coming months. I'm optimistic, ready to face the world and really begin to live my life.

No comments: