Scrooge: You're a little absent-minded, Spirit.
Christmas Present: No, I'm a LARGE absent-minded Spirit!
-Muppet Christmas Carol
Christmas Eve is here again. I'm up really early (for me, anyway... it's only 7:45). Waiting to go to Andy's parent's house, then to my house, then to the Twin Cities, then back here. In 5 days. Lots of traveling. But it will be worth it. My niece is 2 1/2 years old... She understands why she's getting presents this year, and I can't wait. She was cute last year, but this year it'll be even better. It'll be nice to see my family again too. I haven't been with my whole family since August, and my parents since October. Then I get to see some of my other relatives for family Christmas :) And I get my belated birthday present... I'll post pics when I get home :)
It doesn't seem like Christmas yet. Time has flown by, and I keep thinking Christmas is in a couple of weeks, not tomorrow. I think getting to see a tree and things will make it more real, and of course family will help too. I'm really excited that I get to see my family. It's nice being closer and able to travel easily to see them. I haven't taken much advantage of it, but I plan to in the future. It'll be weird not having a Point family Christmas this year... Everyone's so spread out. That's the nature of people that I know; creative, inspired people are rarely satisfied with either staying in one place or staying in small towns. But I miss them. Especially when everyone else is nostalgic for the "old days".
So, to everyone who reads this, I miss you all, and I hope that I will get better over the holidays and next year (yikes, 2008 is a week away!!!) at keeping in touch with everyone. Until then, Merry Christmas. May all your holidays be happy and healthy and filled with joy and the spirit of Christmas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Merry Christmas Greta!!
I'm glad your home this year. Take care on your travels. Merry Christmas
Merry Christmas!!! My resolution this year is to keep in better touch with you-I'm embarassed we live in the same city and haven't gone out for coffee once! soon...
yours, Nicki
Post a Comment