Saturday, July 15, 2006

Look at her there, all bound up, gagged and tied, with her head full of hair and her heart full of pride.

Haven't posted for a while, so I should at least give an update. Urinetown opened and closed well, the audiences raved about it. The performers are amazing, really, and it was an awesome show. We opened "Tom, Dick and Harry", a new farce from London, and the audiences love that too. It's hilarious, and the main guys are all brilliant. Next up is "Wizard of Oz"...that'll be interesting. We've got 33 locals coming in, plus the 13 in the resident company. That includes 13 children under 5" tall!! It's amusing, our Dorothy is 4'11" without heels, so we're putting her in 2" heels for the show... and if you've ever tried to find 2" heels in a size 3-3.5, let me tell you, it's not easy!! But I think we found some, so yay!! And we'll be flying most of the residents at one point or another, which will be GREAT!

Not much in terms of other news. I know, my blog is turning into a theatre review!! But things are starting to go smoothly again... for those of you who didn't know, my Grandma was in the hospital, going back and forth between being fine and in critical care for about 2 weeks (about 3-4 weeks ago now, I think), and then my dad went to the hospital for a few days. But everyone is better now and on the road to recovery, so YAY!!!! Andy and I are still doing well :):) I've got the day off on Monday (YEA!!!!!) and he's coming down to see me :) Other than that, it's just theatre! I'm starting to get used to the country, which is good in some ways, but bad in others... But I know I'll get used to it again: Katie and I rented some costumes from Batavia and then went into Naperville afterwards to go fabric shopping....OMG, it was soooooooooooooo nice to be in civilization again!! Where you had a choice of stores to go to, all in the same place, instead of driving 40 min to go to Clinton to have a 3 store choice. Yay for decent sized cities!!!!!

But this "short post" is turning into a babble!! That is my update, so hopefully you all are doing well out there in Blogopolis.

Love to all!!!

No comments: