Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Sick...

Just a quick update:

I don't know if I forgot to mention it or what, but I realized that I've not mentioned the most important news in my life at this moment: I'm moving to NYC!! Claude, Humphrey and I are moving out there, probably within a couple of weeks. We're looking in Queens and Brooklyn, and actually finding some nice possibilites! So, it's onto the Big Apple, toting my portfolio and headshots, seeing where I can get work. And hopefully getting a LOT more training so I can get back to acting. Not that I don't love being a bi-techtual, but I'd really like to get back to acting. It's funny, people used to ask me what my degree was in, I'd say "Theatre" and they'd ask me where I was going after I graduated. I would tell them "I don't know" and they'd look at me like I should have a plan. Now, I tell them I have a degree in theatre and I'm going to New York, and they're all surprised that I would leave. Sigh...

And this Labor day weekend was fun, I went down to my sister Isabel's house in Downer's Grove and got to see her and her husband and kids...including Randy who was home from college for the weekend (I feel so OLD!!). But it was a lot of fun. I really liked being in a city where they don't look at you funny for having a nose piercing and spiky hair. Chippewa is better, but in Mount Carroll, people look at you strangely.


But I am also now fighting off a nasty cold-ish sickness...my nose is stuffy and I'm tired...but I'm sure after spending a night on the couch, I'll be good as new. And the season premiere of "House" is tonight!! YEA!!!!

That's all for now, I think... Love to all!!

2 comments:

Chris said...

Hey Greta-
Wow New York- that rocks man. I hope it goes well out there. Good luck and all. Hoprfully we'll be able to get together before you leave. Otherwise I'm gonna have to come out and say hi.

Batmanda said...

Yay for Greta! Best of luck! I'm excited for you! Are you going to stop by Point before you go?