Friday, July 27, 2007

Back in NYC

Hello to all!

I'm back in New York now. It was sad, leaving everyone and a good job. I miss people already. It still feels kind of like I'm just visiting, reinforced by the fact that I'm going back to WI in less than a week for my Dad's retirement party. It's hotter here than in MA (which isn't saying much; it was between 60-80 there). And it's humid...but it's comfortable at night, so that's something. And the pace of the city is something I have to get used to again. I found myself rushing around yesterday when I didn't have any place to get to "on time"... the city makes everyone move fast. It's also weird being back in the apartment without Andy Claude or Michelle... though our new roommate is great too :) Lots of changes. But I'm back at AE again, starting when I return from WI.

In other news: Andy and I are moving back to the Midwest! We don't know the exact date yet, or where we'll end up, but we've got some ideas that we're throwing around. But we will be back before Christmas!

I got the new HP book a few days after it came out. And finished it within 48 hours. It was a good end to the series. Andy has finished it as well, so I have someone to exclaim over details with. And the cover art is the best in the series. Those who have finished the book will agree with me, I think. As for the movie, my cousin and I are upholding our tradition of going together to see it when I'm back in WI.

This week is devoted to unpacking, repacking, updating my portfolio/resume and finishing a few crafts that I've started. So I have plenty of free time :) Then back to reality in just under 2 weeks. Sigh. I've liked living ideally. But bills must be paid.

Love to all.

No comments: