Thursday, August 16, 2007

Long overdue for an adventure

One of the things that I really wanted to do in New York was go to Coney Island and ride The Cyclone-the wooden roller coaster that's there. Thus begins my adventure:

Andy and I both had the day off yesterday, so we decided to go to Coney Island. I looked up the way to get there... which involved 2 trains and 1.5 hours of travel. But we decided to go anyway. We got there with no problems, both of our trains being very punctual (for once). We got there, and I immediately went on the roller coaster. Awesome! It was so much fun! I love roller coasters....and I haven't been on one since I worked at Valleyfair (2 years ago). It was amazing. It doesn't have any upside down bits or anything... just a wooden roller coaster. But it had to be made to fit on a tiny area of land, so the drops are STEEP and the turns are really tight. Ahhh... the thrills of a 60 degree drop with nothing but a lap bar holding you in :):)

After that, Andy and I walked out to the ocean. We waded in the water, soaking the cuffs of our shorts (we didn't think to bring swimsuits) and just generally having a fun day. We ate lunch on the boardwalk and just played around all day. It was a fun and relaxing day, which we both needed. Such a good adventure...

I've gone back to work at AE, and it's about the same as it always was. They still like me there (whew!) and it's been steadily busy. Though for some reason, closing takes a lot longer than it used to...

Not much else going on, just normal things like laundry and cleaning and working. Sunday is Andy's birthday (!!!!) so that's sure to be fun :)

Love to all

No comments: