Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The Death of Franken-couch

We moved out to NYC with a cheap metal futon. It started to break a couple of months after we moved in, but in the last month it was being held together by nothing more than duct tape. So today, we decided to retire it.


This is Franken-couch. Note the metal bars on the seat are bowed so they touch the ground.


Andy taking apart Franken-couch.


On the curb for the garbage man.



The best part of the story: The above picture was taken at 6:16 pm. Andy and I went upstairs to bag up the rest of the garbage... and when we came back down, the couch was gone.




This pic was taken at 6:22 pm. In between the pics, we went back upstairs, bagged the garbage, came back down and then went back up to take the pic. So Franken-couch disappeared within 3 minutes of being left. At least he won't be lonely...

1 comment:

Laura said...

Franken-couch will be missed, for all the problems he gave you guys I remember when I visited he was surprisingly comfortable to sleep on - or maybe I was just really tired from coming down with a cold.