I've done a few drafts without posting them, so I'm not sure if the count is accurate or not...
HI!!! I know, it's been a while since I've posted. I spend a lot of time in front of the computer during the day, and I don't especially want to spend MORE time in front of it when I get home at night. Plus, my computer is getting old and cranky, and the internet connection isn't always the best.
Things are going well here in MA. After a week of coordinating everything through emails, my designer arrived. She's very cool and nice, and we get along very well, which is great. We've started building military jackets-8 of them! I can't wait to show pictures. We also have a really fast draper, so we're building 3 dresses, a pair of pants, and a 3 piece "suit" with breeches, a vest and a jacket. And a leather coat. The rest, luckily, is getting pulled or bought. And I'm in charge for the next week-the designer, who is a professor, is back home getting ready for meetings and such for the school year's fall productions. Also doing some shopping for more trim and other various things that we'll need but can't necessarily find here. I'm learning a lot of new sites for costumes and learning to love eBay.
Life outside of work is fairly sedate. As one of the few people in the house with a car, I get a couple of passengers with me when I go to the grocery store or do laundry. There are 3 dogs here now: a very sedate Jack Russel, a really hyper black lab mix and an adorable mini daschund. The people are fun; I'm living with an actress and her daughter, 2 performance interns, the voice coach and one of the education employees, who also acts here during the rest of the year and is working in the costume shop for now. I just went up to the Dream Away Lodge last night- they have a jam session every Wed, and people can bring instruments and play or sing along. It was really relaxing, which is something that I needed a lot.
Not much else going on yet- crunch week starts June 16 and the first preview is on June 20. Then I will have pictures (I hope) and many tech week stories to relate!
Love to all :)
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You spend a lot of time on the computer at work but somehow haven't learned to use the computer at work to goof off? Sad.
You live in a house with three dogs and you're playing with breeches?! Sounds like heaven to me! Have a bowl of clam chowdah for me...I miss clam chowdah. :)
Sounds like you're blending seemlessly into the groove again! Bravo! I hope all goes well while the designers out of town.
Though after draping at BTF and APT, I'm kinda surprised how little you actually need a designer after the renderings get turned over to the shop and fabrics bought...
Post a Comment