It's interesting working here this summer, as the production center is under construction until mid-June. So we are working in 2 temporary spaces. The first is in a house on the property, and the second is an old rehearsal room. It's been my job this week to set up the rehearsal room as a shop and have it ready for when people start coming in. We get a new draper and 3 new stitchers in tomorrow! And then the week after that, I get to dive right in to being an Assistant Designer. I'm nervous, but excited at the same time.
But here are some pictures:
The Miller Building, where all the offices are.
The West Cottage, temporary home of the costume shop.
The Blue Room, which is the other temporary shop space that I set up.
The Southeast cottage (my house!)

My room (before I changed the sheets that were provided for me).

And Founder's Theatre, our main performance space.
That's all for now; more to come once I start getting busy!
Love to all.

3 comments:
Funny isn't it? BTF and Williamstown both have slightly more recognition than Shake and Co, yet Shake and Co always LOOKED the most professional of the three.
Though there is something to be said for working in a barn...
Nice buildings... very New England-like.
(Or so I'm guessing, 'cuz I've never been to New England and therefore my knowledge is limited to Family Guy.)
Post a Comment