I've been terrible at blogging lately, but nothing really exciting is going on. Mostly I'm just working. I waitress at night, and they're letting me bartend a couple days a week now. Which is really boring at times, but fun too :) I can now mix drinks, happily, and pour Guinness correctly.
Also, I've gotten re-hired by Shakespeare and Co again this summer :) Which means I'm off to Massachusetts in less than 2 weeks! I got un-officially hired in February, but I didn't get my contract until about a week ago. And I'm superstitious, so I tried not to talk about it until I signed the contract... But it's starting to kick in now: I'm going back, and leaving a week from Saturday! Luckily, I have a car this summer (thanks Mom and Dad!) that was my old car in college. Dad's been using it to go back and forth to school, but they're letting me use it for the summer. Which will be nice. I'm going back as a stitcher for the last few shows, but First Hand for the first show and Assistant Designer for the second :D Which means a lot of work and responsibility, but so much fun too!!!!
Andy's not coming with me, which makes it really hard to leave. I like Chicago; I'll miss the people I work with, and I'll really miss Andy. But, we've done it before and we'll make it again.... somehow, even that doesn't make it any easier to leave. But depending on Andy's work and how much time he can get off, we may be road tripping back from MA at the end of July.
That's all for now! Love to all.
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Yay for summer in MA! That's such a pretty state.
Your post reminds me of St. Patty's Day in London, when everyone is drinking Guiness...except the recepie there is different, so it takes, seriously, like three minutes to pour one...then you have to wait for the foam to settle and finish filling the glass. I was pulling my hair out by the end of the night and I was drinking Stella! Trust the Irish to come up with something so bloody-minded!
I'm so happy you're heading back to Shake and Co! I'm sending a few care packages off to my girls at BTF...send me your shop's address so I can send some tropics your way as well!
Mmmm...guiness...
Congrats on the job! I'm really glad you get to go back, and that you'll have some fun new projects!
Post a Comment