Friday, September 19, 2008

Dragon*Con

My weekend in Atlanta:

Andy and I left Chicago at about 8:30 on Thursday night. We arrived to meet our group in Normal and left at 1am. We then drove straight through to Atlanta. We got there, and fun commenced!

One of the best nights was Saturday night. We went to the "Colonial Fleet Party" for Battlestar Galactica fans. About 5 minutes after we showed up, who else showed up but Edward James Olmos, James Callis, Michael Hogan, Tahmoh Penikett, and Aaron Douglas (who, incidentally, was staying 2 doors away from us and saw us in the hall many times :) Edward James Olmos made a speech about how BSG brought sci-fi to a whole new level, and at the end, led us in a chant of "So say we all". Pretty amazing... someone posted it (part one and two) on YouTube. Be warned-if you are a BSG fan, there are some pretty big spoilers in his speech.










The next day I went to the walk of fame. Some people I wanted to meet weren't there, but I did get to meet Michael Dorn, Michael Rosenbaum and Tim Russ. Tim Russ was so nice! He asked my name and we got to chat geek chat about Star Trek.

I also went to some different panels in the few days we were there. One on corset-making, which offered some pretty good tips on supplies and construction. Another on Neil Gaimon and his works, which was fun :) And many others.

On Sunday I also got to have breakfast with Chris!!! It was a lot of fun catching up... I miss people. I have to get better about staying in touch.

Our group photos:
Me as Winry from Fullmetal Alchemist. I found a kid who dressed as Edward and had to take a pic!



Erika and Katie as Slytherins.


Me as Death of the Endless from Neil Gaimon's Sandman.


Our group photo- we had everyone except Inara and Book from Firefly. (And one of the workers got in our photo as the "2 by 2 hands of blue" guy.)



I found 2 other ladies in River costumes :)

Cutest. Kids. Ever!



Spartans!

An amazing makeup job on Two-Face.


It's a perfectly good couch... Why would anyone throw this out?


And... I found Carmen Sandiego!

I have a few albums of this stuff on Facebook-check them out if you want to see more!

1 comment:

Batmanda said...

This looks like wicked fun. I wish I could be a geek like you, Greta. :)