Not last Thursday (Thanksgiving), which was also pretty nice, but a Thursday about 3.5 weeks ago.
Andy and I both had the day off, so we decided to go into the city and visit Central Park. It was really nice, because we both missed seeing fall and the leaves. It also made me feel a little like I was back in London, which was spectacular. It was a gorgeous fall day, cool enough to need a jacket, but still sunny with only a few clouds. We mostly just wandered around the park for a while, and found things like the Alice in Wonderland statue and the Shakespeare garden. Then we got up to the observatory around sunset...the observatory looks out over a lake, and it was beautiful. Andy hugged me and then...
Andy: "I'm glad that it's such a good day, because I've been wanting to do this for a long time.... (goes down on one knee) Greta Kristine Weibel, will you share your life with me for the next ten lifetimes, for a million summers, til the world explodes; til there's no one left who has ever known us apart.... Will you marry me?"
Me: (barely understandable through my tears) YES!!!!!!
So that was my lovely Thursday (November 2).
I'm still basking in the glow of it :) The ring is beautiful, but it's second to the fact that I have found someone that I can spend the rest of my life with, who is my best friend as well as my boyfriend (now fiance). So I'm happy.
This has been a happy post... I'll save my rant about Black Friday for a later one. Hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving and is staying stress free!!!
Love to all!
Tuesday, November 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
aww, Greta, congratulations! (finally!) Can't wait to see the ring!
Congraulations Greta. I also am looking forward to seeing yor ring. Is it shiny?
Post a Comment