Thursday, December 07, 2006

Blog rant

Just a rant about a few different things...

Starting off: Black Friday. For the first time in my whole life (literally) I was not at home for Black Friday. I've been raised by my mother to not even venture out of the house on that day...and I worked retail that day. We had a 15% off sale from 6am to 12pm... I can't tell you how many people I rang up during my shift. I started at 10am, and they had already done at least a few thousand dollars in business. I rang people up constantly (no joke-I didn't have a break from customers in that 2 hours) and took only about 2min per customer. It was INSANE. People in America are so materialistic sometimes... Wow.

My other major rant is that they're making a movie of "His Dark Materials". The ONLY 2 things saving this are the fact that they're making 1 movie per book instead of trying to cram all 3 into a 2 hour movie...and Adam Godley is playing the voice of Pan. I'm actually really excited because Adam Godley is an amazing actor... see my posts "OMG I met Adam Godley" and "OMG I met Adam Godley part 2" So... to start on the bad stuff........ they have NICOLE KIDMAN playing Mrs. Coulter!!!! Seriously... I'm sorry, but I really don't think that she has the presence or talent to pull off this role. Mrs. Coulter needs to be able to command a room full of men with more than just her looks. And, according to websites...they are DOWNPLAYING the role of religion in the movie......... come on guys, the books are ABOUT religion! They're replacing it "with someone that they [the public] likes better." I really think that they are going to ruin a great book and good play with a horrible movie... But to explain-I think that the movie will probably be decent, it will just NOT be an adaptation of the book!!

So those are my rants. Other than that, things are going really well. I'm coming back to WI for Christmas! It will be a really short visit, only about a week, and Andy and I will be bouncing back and forth between Chippewa and Nekoosa the whole time. So I'm exicted to see my family and everyone.

Love to all!

No comments: