Friday, August 01, 2008

Home again!

With only a few complications.... The drive was overall very nice; very comfortable and uneventful for the most part.

I left from Lenox at 9:30 eastern time (8:30 here). The day was nice and sunny and mid-80s. Which would have been great, if my car's air conditioner worked. So I drove home in a sports bra and shorts... and got honked at by many truckers and random cars.

Then, at about Elyria, OH, I heard a bang and a big scraping noise behind me. I pulled off the highway, and the muffler hanger on my car had lost a bolt, so my muffler was dragging on the ground. The amazing guys at the Sears auto center fixed it up for me with a coat hanger and a bungee cord (!!), and it lasted me all the way back. Luckily it was only the bolt, and nothing was wrong with the actual muffler.

I also decided, at about 7pm, that I was indeed awake enough to do the whole trip in a day. With all my stops for lunch/car problems, I got into Chicago at 1am (central time). It was a looooooong drive (16.5 hours), but I only started to get tired as I drove into Chicago.

But now I'm back, and for the next 7 weeks I will be the costume assistant on Caroline, or Change at the Court Theatre in Chicago :) Then, in late September, it's off to MA again to design 2 shows for Fall Festival. So, when I get home for Thanksgiving, I will have been steadily employed in theatre for 7 months straight- a new record for me :) And hopefully more to follow.

That's all for now.
Cheers,
Greta

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the Chicago gig! I remember coming across that posting when I was in the midst of applying for Steppenwolf. Nice to see Point taking over Chicago by force...

Nicki said...

Yayyy! I'm glad to hear you got back to Chicago safely. I love those long cross-country trips, teehee.

When is Caroline or Change playing?! OMG I am totally coming to see it!!! I am still--STILL--kicking myself for missing Tonya Perkins at the National--I freakin' love that show! Good on yer, mate! :)