Wednesday, December 21, 2005

DONE!

Well, I am officially done with college in SP. I have done all my finals, turned in all my projects...all that is left is to return my rental books and then it's over! Graduation party is tonight, looking forward to that. Then I have to pack. I'm hoping to leave tomorrow or Friday, depending on how fast I can get all of my things into boxes. Driving 8 hours in the next 2 days, that'll be fun. But I'm excited to get home and finally RELAX for a couple of days before the major Christmas and packing for London rush starts.

BUT I AM DONE!!!!!!!! It's such a good feeling...yet sad too. I said goodbye to some people today, and that was hard. I've made such good friends here, and it just doesn't seem real that I won't be seeing them again until May. The hardest part is going to be saying goodbye to my roommates. I know I'll see Sarah and Chris again at the family reunion....but then it's goodbye for a while. I have a whole process I need to go through when I leave someone or someplace, and right now I've been so busy that the realization hasn't hit yet. And now it's starting to, and I don't like it. I hate saying goodbye to people, especially ones who have had such a huge impact on my life. I've changed so much here, mostly within the last year or 2. And it's mostly thanks to all of the people I've met here, who have challenged me to come out of my shell, push the limits of my comfortability, and mostly, to just be myself.

Well, what was going to be a short little update turned into a long, sappy , inspirational-esque entry. I promise all of them won't be like this, just the next couple :)

Greta

1 comment:

Nicki said...

Yay, congrats on yr last week o' finals! :)I know how you feel about leaving--but then again, I know I wouldn't have had the guts to take off and go halfway around the world if I didn't have the luv and support of all my friends! CU next week!