This'll be a long one, so here goes:
Well, I just moved out of my house less than week ago. It seems so weird, cause it feels like I've been back at my parents' house forever now, but it's not even been a week. I really hated moving out. It was the first place I hated leaving in Point. The other places I lived in were just that, places to live and keep my stuff. Here, tho, I had fun roommates since I moved in, and I really felt like I belonged there, rather than just happend to reside there. It was ok, because I was going to see Chris and Sarah in a few days and Amanda and Kristin in May. Still hard to do, but I managed.
Christmas....didn't feel like Christmas. My sisters couldn't make it until Christmas day, so we're celebrating on the 31st. And we didn't do any of the things we normally do (church on Christmas eve, presents on Christmas morning, the insane running around and preparation on Christmas eve and the few days before), so it really didn't feel like Christmas. It just felt like another day. Oh, on a bright note, not many of you reading this will know him, but Father Gillis (now Monsignor) said Mass on Christmas Day! For those of you who don't know, he was a priest at my home church, and I was an altar server with him and he knew my sisters...and I haven't seen him in years, so it was fun to say hi.
Family Christmas in Milwaukee was sooooooooo much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow, it is so good to be back with "normal" people again, people who will randomly break out into song and not be thrown by my usual way of acting, and who can have conversations about anything, anywhere (like guinea pig ovulation and breeding in the middle of Target). It was so great just to be with all of those guys again. It was a blast..... King Leer.....hehehehe I met up with my friend Shayne who I haven't seen in years...which was cool.
And then goodbyes. That was the worst part. I'm glad of dinner with Shayne afterwards because I just couldn't handle it otherwise, it gave me something to distract myself from what I just did. I hated saying goodbye, I mean, all of the people who have had the biggest influence in my life for the past 2.5 years I said goodbye to in about 5 minutes. I didn't want it long and drawn out, but it was still one of the toughest things I've had to do. It was the thing I've been dreading since I started packing up my stuff. But I have lots of pictures and fun memories, and I'll see them all again, some soon, some next year for family reunion. But it still sucked...... the worst part was that after I closed the door and started walking down the hall, I could still hear Chris meowing... I'm gonna miss these people. Other people look at me funny when I start to meow in public
Well, that's all from here, I'm starting the frenzies of family Christmases today....Dad's side in the Twin Cities today, shopping with my sister tomorrow, immediate family Christmas on the 31st and Mom's side on the 1st. So no posts for a while.
Merry Christmas all!!!
Thursday, December 29, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am glad to hear about you "coming out of your shell, etc..." However the meowing in public has me worried. Don't forget to be on the lookout for "pieces of tree" :)
Post a Comment