Christmases went pretty smoothly, which was nice...except for my Dad having a torn retina and having to go in for emergency surgery on the day of my Dad's side Christmas. But he's ok now, and everything is back to normal.
Andy (Humphrey) came up for about a week. That was nice. I was able to spend a lot of time with him and just hang out. He came to all 3 Christmases with me...he's insane. We had a good time, we took a Leine's brewery tour the 2nd to last day he was here. And then we said goodbye. This was the hardest goodbye. I hated every minute of it. There was a lot of crying on both sides.
But now the goodbyes are done. Everything except getting packed is done: School, Christmas, goodbyes. All that's left is to clean my room and pack my suitcase. And then I'm off!!!!!! It hasn't hit me yet that I'm going to be spending almost 4 months away. It's crazy. I'm sure it won't hit me until I get either to the airport...I have a feeling that it might not hit me until I step into ISH. I can't wait to go....I have so much to get done, but I can't wait to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I realize that this is pretty random, but I'm tired :)
Thursday, January 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh, I'm so excited for you! I remember my semester in London and every year they seem to make it cooler for the students. More email access, people bringing laptops etc. I could never have done it back in the olden days like the 50's and 60's where you literally never communicated with anyone except by letter!
You toured the Leinie's Brewery! How cool is that!
Keep in touch dear, you're going to have an awesome time and I want to hear all about it so I can live vicariously through you.
I'd say have a blast, but I know you will (how could you not :) ? )
I know Andy'll really miss ya.
Post a Comment