Monday, January 09, 2006

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

To all of those who know me (i.e. roommates), you will know exactly what the title sounds like :) OMG, I'm going insane. I thought I'd take a little sanity break and type something. What really set it off was I was cleaning this morning and came across some postcards of the Globe that my mom and dad got for me when they were in London. Then it finally hit me, a lot earlier than expected: in 5 DAYS I will be able to look at this for real when I want to. 5 DAYS! It is so unreal. And then the fact that I'm leaving the day after tomorrow to go down to Chicago to see relatives hit me: I have to be ready by tomorrow night.
Another task was finding my luggage tags from International Programs. But I found them, along with some other stuff that they sent with the initial acceptance letter. And I read through it, and now I'm in a panic-like state about what I need to bring and what I haven't got, and do I really need it, and what I really need, and if what I need will really fit into my suitcase and carry-on and money (and money pouch) issues, and whether I need traveler's cheques if I can use my debit card.......... All this stuff that I should have thought of WEEKS ago is coming back to hit me in the face. So I'm probably not going to get much sleep tonight, either as a result of cleaning/packing madly or just being to stressed.
But it's not all bad.....far overwhelming the feeling of stresses-ness is the feeling of being SO EXCITED I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH MYSELF!!!!!! And I'm sure that once I get down to Chicago, my stuff will be all packed and so all I have to worry about is getting to the airport on time, so I'll be bouncing around the house saying "when's the plane gonna leave?!"
But that is my rant today, I feel a little better after this, I think I'll go and try and work some more on cleaning or laundry.

5 DAYS!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Chris said...

Giggle. I can understand Greta. You'll be fine and I'm glad it the omg type stress and not arghhh! type. Have fun packing

Laura said...

Settle down. You'll be fine. I didn't read any of those reams of papers the Int'l Programs Office gave me and I showed up at the airport wondering if maybe I was supposed to pick up my plane ticket at their office or if my group leader was going to have it. The group leader had it. Everything's going to be fine. Although there are some thing's I wish I'd known about the money before I got there, but Sie La Vie.
I could give you my advice, but it's probably too late for that now, and they're always changing their policies and so on so my advice would probably be outdated anyway. I feel like such an old timer. You're going to have a great time!