Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Welcome back to Wisconsin....or Illinois, anyway

Hello to all!

Just a post to say that I am home safely! Well, not exactly home yet, I'm at Isabel's house in Downer's Grove (suburb of Chicago) until Sunday. So mostly, I just get to hang out and relax for a few days until the insane rush of getting ready for moving to Mt. Carroll, starting a new job and graduating. And a nice welcome back: it was 40 degrees yesterday.... Seriously, I've not had this kind of weather for a month now, and the day before was almost 70 degrees......I really think that the cold follows me... But soon it will be warm (fingers crossed!!).

But my flight was good, a little delayed, but only about a half hour, so it was fine. But a great story: We were in the airport, waiting for our flight, and a couple of us decided to stretch, as we had a long flight ahead of us. So I began doing some half-assed ballet moves, much to the amusement of my friends. After a few minutes, a lady came over and asked, "Are you a dancer?" I said, "I used to be." And so she goes down into the splits and starts talking to me, and then says, "Well, since I've come over here, we have to do ballet together." So we started doing plies in the middle of the airport waiting lounge with her group of people sitting and laughing, not believing she's actually doing this; my group of people sitting and laughing, not believing I'm actually doing this; and Jenny taking pictures and filming with her camera. She was really cool, and it made for a fun, random story!! Soon I will have pics up, I promise, and tons of great stories (including my infamous Eiffel tower visit!).

Love to all, hope the end of the year isn't causing too much stress!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that you made it back safely. Can't wait to hear about all of your adventures!

Nicki said...

Awww, sounds like your airport adventures were more fun than mine...I too am glad you got back safely and I Can't wait to hear all about your trip. TAke some of that free relaxing time and update your blog--I want pictures!!!

Laura said...

What's with the ominous lead up to the Eiffel tower visit? Did someone committ suicide while you were there?