Monday, May 15, 2006

Many adventures of Nowhere, Illinois

Hello to all!

My first full day at Timber Lake...ahh... It will be an interesting summer. Busy, yes, but so much fun. The people here are great-it's sooooo nice to be around theatre people again. Finally, people I get and who get me :) I mean, everyone in Europe was awesome, but there's just something about theatre people. We took a trip to Walmart today...and considering it's 45 minutes away (in Sterling), it was interesting. We thought for a second we had crossed into Iowa :) But considering that we went in the opposite direction of Iowa, that's probably pretty difficult. One of the fun things was that Katie's legs were really sore, so she got one of those motorised carts at Walmart :) And also, we were exploring and looking for a Joanne's Fabrics (there's not one in Sterling, fyi... believe me, we looked!) and we found Avenue C. And then Avenue D.......but only up to Avenue L, or you would all be looking at a picture of Avenue Q from Sterling, IL! But it's been fun here, really, my department (me and two others) are great, it's gonna be really fun working with them. And everyone else on staff is also great, a bunch of theatre people stuck in the woods. It'll be crazy! And it's fun hearing about Point people who have been here.

Anyway, I need to finally finish posting pics from Europe...so here's a bit of Austria:


The Mozart statue in Mozart Square


St. Peter's Cemetery (inspiration for "The Sound of Music"'s cemetery scene as they're fleeing the Nazis.


The bike path outside the city of Salzburg


The view from the path...gorgeous!!


One of the houses where they filmed "The Sound of Music" with the Old Salzburg fortress in the background...the fortress is where we had our hillside concert :)


Ok, so there was this fiberglass cow up in the old Salzburg fortress...and knowing Jenny and I, we HAD to take some odd pics!!!

Love to everyone...I have a new cell #, so if you want that (or my TLP address), just drop me a line and I'll let you know!

4 comments:

Nicki said...

I love the random cow!!! I dare you to take a picture like that with a REAL one. I daresay they have one down in Illinois somewhere. (right Cathy?) :)

Anonymous said...

you take beautiful pictures! Your Paris one is now my desktop background...so pretty!!!

Sarah said...

Well if you do want to go to Iowa...Clinton is only 30 minutes away and there are tons of stores for shopping (ie: Kohls, Walmart,Fashion Bug, Target...list goes on). Sterling is a good time, but the 45 min. drive does eat up time durring the day. There is a Joanne Fabrics 45 minutes east of TLP (opposite of Sterling) in a town whoes name escapes me, but Amanda Sweger knows where it is so you could ask her if you haven't found it yet. I'm very excited for you and it should provide to be an exciting summer. Best of luck on the first show!

Sarah said...

The city's name is Freeport. I think there is a Hancock there too.