"You just don't understand how busy we are...well, maybe you do. But you really don't understand how busy we are."
Me: "That's all right. Thanks anyway."
The story behind the quote:
I called a theatre to rent a costume. Online, they say that they rent costumes out to other theatres. When I called, the costumer said that they were in tech week, with first dress in 3 days, and so they couldn't rent to me. Ok, I can understand that. I told the costumer that I understood. But when they said, "You just don't understand how busy we are" I had to use all my tongue biting skills to stay polite. Which I did. But seriously... I understand that you are busy, and a full build show with 45 people (which is what they were doing) is a LOT of work. But I am also a costumer. Doing summer stock. I am trying to help put together a 45 person show in 2 WEEKS. Not 2 months. ARGH.
Friday, July 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Rather like when I asked Chris for help finding a pair of German guns and she said "when do you need it?" and I said, "like all things in theatre, the sooner the better." :)
Kisses!!!!!!!!!1
That sucks donkey balls. But you know what would make you feel better...in your exhuberant amount of free time (layered with sarcastic tone) you should put up pics of "Urinetown" so I can gush over how fantastic the costumes look. Thus inflating your ego and alloing you to ignore all the ignorant people out there. :)
Post a Comment