Well, on to Amsterdam. We went there last weekend. It was fun! The bus ride was long (about 8 hours total, with a ferry ride in the middle). We were able to watch movies, though, so it was all right. We got to Amsterdam, and got a guided tour of the red light district. Well, that was a bit uncomfortable, but hey, it was an experience!! Then Genna and I walked around and took pictures and got fries (they call them fries there, not chips!) The next day we went to a cheese and clog factory...it was so cool! They make clogs by hand there, and we got to watch the guy make one. And then we went to Anne Frank's house. That was neat. And we went to the Heineken Brewery, which was fun. That night, we went to a coffee shop. I didn't end up having a muffin or anything. I know, it's Amsterdam, but I just wasn't in the mood. The next day we stopped in Brugge (Belgium) and went home. So I was in 4 countries in 3 days. Very cool.
Let's see, not much else has been going on here. It's getting into a routine of classes and homework and eating. But I'm in London doing it!! I miss the people at home. And oddly enough, the only American thing I really miss is stores like Target where you can get everything you need (clothes, toiletries, shoes, electronics) in the same place. Because here you have to go to different shops to get different things, I have only seen 1 or 2 department stores. And since I'm in central London, everything is expensive because it's name brand or touristy. But it's sooooo worth it to be here!!
And, as promised, here are pics of platform 9 3/4.


4 comments:
OMG!! That is so funny! Too bad you can't post pictures of the Hogwarts Express...I know the regulations for the exposure of Muggles to magic forbids it, but once you got through that barrier--it must have been amazing! :)
Giggle. I'm glad you're having fun Greta.:)
They posted a sign for 9 3/4? I thought muggles weren't suppose to know about it!
I'd be curious to see Steve's model for Diary is anything close to Anne Frank's house.
I often wonder about Steve's Diary model myself...I bet the special brownies they sell in Amsterdam clouded his research abilities.
Glad to hear your having a blast Greta! Was the crossover to the Hogwarts Express everything you imagined it to be?
Post a Comment