The last few posts haven’t been very substantial…so here’s one that will probably make up for it.
We went to see “Monsieur Ibrahim” at the Bush Theatre last Tuesday. It was a tiny little intimate space, there was just a tiny playing space and the audience was almost literally in the actor’s laps. All of the parts were played by 2 actors, a 20ish guy and a 70 year old guy. Not bad when you consider that the 70 year old man played 2 prostitutes... The 20 year old was amazing. He was onstage most of the show, only going back for a few seconds’ break. He went back and forth between narration and dialogue seamlessly. He also was able to pull off a couple of emotional breakdowns less than 5 feet away from the audience. It was amazing. The story is very idealistic, but it was still good.
Our trip to York was cancelled…not enough interest.
We went out on Wed night to the Roxy, a club not too far from ISH. It was fun, the usual club setting, lots of drunk people, loud, crowded, smoky…but it was fun, I haven’t been out dancing in a while. Except for when this creepy guy started dancing with me. It was ok for maybe the first 2 minutes, we were just dancing, and then he started trying to grope me and kiss me…so Jenny saved me. But he didn’t get the hint and still asked for my number…whatever. Luckily I had my friends there to bail me out.
We took a trip to the Globe on Friday. It was cool, seeing it in person. I wish we could see a show there, but their season doesn’t start until May. Damn actors, always needing to be “warm” and “dry”… :P JK After that was St. Pauls, which I’ve written about already.
Saturday I got to see “Sunday in the Park with George”. It was amazing. They were sold out, but we got on the returns list and got tickets JJ The scenery was all projected, and it was amazing what they could do. The actor who played George…wow. He did a song with 3 accents in it… so cool! And it’s always fun to see British actors trying to do American accents. Hehe, I think Jenny and I were the only Americans in the audience, and we had a good time listening to them.
We saw “Once in a Lifetime” last night. It’s a spoof on the Hollywood transition from silent movies to talkies. It was good, nothing spectacular. A lot of big scenery and effects and big acting. They all did American accents in this show too. Mostly good, but sometimes you could tell that they were slipping a bit. A good show, worth the time, but nothing incredible. And then we were extreme geeks and went to King’s Cross station and took pictures at Platform 9 ¾. It was soooo much fun! We were just having a good time and geeking out. It was great.
That’s all for now, this weekend I’m going whale riding in Horses (oops, horse riding in Wales :P) So I’m super excited for that. Hopefully it’ll be fairly nice. It’s started to warm up here a bit, so it’s more like London spring than Wisconsin “spring”.
Love to all!!
Monday, February 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
If you think a British actor doing an American accent is funny enough, try listening to one do it badly. It's bizarre.
Was the amazing 20 year old at the Bush theatre Ben Silverstone by any chance? I saw him there in a show and (stalked) met him afterward. He was amazing in the show and then I realized I recognized him from a little known British (cult) independant film Get Real. Brent knows what I'm talking about if he reads your blog! Too cool. I'm so jealous you get to see all these shows!
Post a Comment