Saturday, June 03, 2006

The TLP Tango

Yea!! We opened our first show of the season on Wed!!! It's "Thoroughly Modern Millie", and it's the first summer stock production of that show in the country... which is neat to put on a resume :) But I now have some extra time after the crazy busy days of last week, days where most of the tech staff was up to see the sun rise. I was luckier than most, I got about 5-6 hours of sleep per night.

And I am GRADUATED!!!! I walked a couple weeks ago, and that was fun. I got to see some people and it was a nice short ceremony, only 2 hours! And my sister Libby and niece Mady, my Uncle David, my parents and Andy came up for the ceremony, which was awesome.

But it's been really fun here so far; everyone is great so far. The shop is a lot of fun, the other 2 costumers are geeks, just like me :) So we can have Harry Potter and Star Trek and Star Wars and etc conversations. It's soooooo good to be around theatre people again.

But, I guess I haven't mentioned this in my blog, but I'm no longer designing "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe"... no, I am designing "Urinetown"...one of the MAINSTAGE musicals!!! So I am so pumped about that!!!

On a sad note, I was watching Harry Potter the other day, and the accents sound foreign again....I miss London.....wanna go back....

But on a happy note, Sarah and Travis came!!!!!!!!! They came to the opening night of Millie, so that was awesome to see them again. They left the next morning, but we got a chance to sit and visit a bit.

But we must have pics, obviously. Here's a few fun ones, and I'll put up some production ones later...including one of the Asian jacket I made the pattern for :)


Libby, Mady and I at graduation.


Uncle David and I.


Andy and I...awww....feel free to groan here.


My Mom and Dad and I.


Now for TLP pics:

The first burn pile fire of the season...it was really huge because there were some old desks and such in there, but it put out quite a blaze and the embers were still glowing the next morning.


We found a plastic suit of armour in the shop...so Kyle decided he needed to put it on.


The shop boys found a trash can in the props loft the first night we were here, and so we started the tradition of having trash can fires most nights of the week.

More pics to come soon, and love to all!!!!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Congratulations Greta! What are you going to do with your sash? Mine is sitting on a shelf in my closet. I thought about using it as a long bookmark, but haven't done that yet.
I miss sitting aroudn the (nonburning) campfire with you last July 4th chatting about Harry Potter. I can't wait to get done with my stuff so I can read book 6 again!