Wednesday, March 01, 2006

OMG I MET ADAM GODLEY!!!!

Well, it's nowhere near as exciting as Nikki's Ian McKellan story, but I was freaking out! If you don't remember, I posted about a play called 'Paul', either in late Jan or early Feb... which I loved.

So, I decided to go see 'The Shadow Box' down at Southwark Playhouse (which was very good, by the way... £6 for a ticket, and SO worth it.) It was this tiny little black box theatre, seating maybe 45 people. The set was simple and they used the different parts of it for a lot of locations. And the acting was amazing...tho the people tried to do American accents, with varying degrees of sucess....mostly not! The accents were ok, but they kept slipping. But the production was beautiful, very moving. Everything came together to tell the story, which was great. A really good production.

Anyway, I was sitting there, and who should come in and sit down behind me but Adam Godley...the man who played the lead in 'Paul'!!!!!!!! First of all, when I saw 'Paul', I was soooooo impressed with this actor.... He was absolutely amazing. I think I went on about this in an earlier post... So, I work up my courage, and after the show, I turn around, take a deep breath, and become a total geek:
Me: Excuse me, I know this may seem like an odd question, but are you an actor?
Adam Godley: Yes, I am.
Me: Were you in 'Paul'?
Adam Godley: Yes, I was.
Me: I just wanted to tell you that it was brilliant...amazing.
Adam Godley: Thank you very much.

And then I scuttled out of there like the geek I was...but OMG I met Adam Godley!!!!! Seriously, this man was amazing!

So that was my fun story of the week... I'm getting over being sick, funness... And we had no hot water last Friday and no water whatsoever yesterday...but I think they have that all figured out. I went to Westminster on Sunday for a service...so beautiful. Hey Chris, I found David George's grave :) And I went to Kensington Palace on Saturday, along with Hyde and Holland Parks, along with the Docklands and the Museum of London on Friday and Covent Garden on Sunday. So I was busy! And I will be this weekend too, hopefully!

But that's my post for now, love to everyone, and I miss you all and can't wait to see everyone again!!!!

2 comments:

Nicki said...

That's so cool!!! Don't apologise for geeking out about meeting an actor--it's important that we let 'em all know how much we appreciate them. :) You go, girl!

Andrew said...

Way to go G!